Filing Banking Complaints
related to Spanish mortgage loans: mortgage floor clauses, and mortgage expenses.
Not many foreigners have entered into mortgage loan agreements with Spanish banks.
However, in case you have, please contact us. We will study your case and let you know if you can file a complaint against your Spanish bank with regards to floor clauses, mortgage expenses or multicurrency mortgage loans.
In case you are wondering what a “floor clause” is, here is a short definition for it.
A “floor clause” is a clause incorporated by Spanish banks to their mortgage loan agreements,
whereby the banks would set a minimum interest rate to be paid in monthly installments by the clients, without taking into account that market interest rates could fall under that “floor”.
- As a result of the above, the European Court of Justice ruled that banks should repay
- their clients for any excess amounts of interest collected from the clients by way of the said “floor clauses”.
- Moreover, we can also file a complaint in order
- to claim back mortgage expenses incurred in by the clients.
Filing complaints against airlines
We assist our clients claiming a compensation for any flights taken during the last five years, provided that the flight started or landed in an EU member state. In case your flight landed within the EU, the airline executing the flight must reside within the EU.
Should you meet the abovementioned requirements, we can help you to obtain a compensation in the following scenarios:
- In case of flight delay for more than 3 hours (compensation between 250 and 600 euros).
- In case of flight cancellation (compensation up to 600 euros).
- In case of overbooking (compensation up to 600 euros).
We can also help you to obtain a compensation for your checked-in baggage, in the following cases:
- – In case of delayed checked-in baggage for more than 5 days.
- In case of checked-in baggage loss. Baggage is considered to be lost, unless express confirmation of its loss by the airline, when it is not possible to find it within 21 days. In case it is found before 21 days, it would be rendered as baggage delay. (Compensation up to 1.400 euros).
- In case of checked-in baggage which has been damaged.
Filing complaints for medical malpractice or medical negligence
We help you to file complaints for medical malpractice or medical negligence, irrespective of the location where they have taken place, be it at a public hospital or at a private hospital.
In the event that the medical malpractice or medical negligence took place at an outpatient facility, health center, or public hospital, you must file your complaint within one year counted from the date you were discharged. Alternatively, in case of a decease, the one-year term is counted from the date the decease took place.
In the event that the medical malpractice or medical negligence took place at a private hospital, the term to file your complaint is also of one year counted from the discharge date or decease date, as the case may be. If you had entered into an agreement with the hospital, the term to file the complaint would be of up to five years.
Filing complaints against supply companies: telephony (including mobile phone), electricity, water, gas.
We assist you to file complaints against supply companies for undue charges, fake discounts, issues with meter readings, etc.
Filing complaints against hotels and travel agencies
We assist you to file complaints against hotels and travel agencies seeking compensation for damages, provided that there has been a contract breach.